Take Some Time To Date Before You Make The Big Step
When swept away int he throws of wedding planning it is easy to forget to take time to just be with each other. During engagement A & I set aside whole weekends (we didnt see each other very often) when we would’t talk about the wedding or planning at all – it was great, and necessary to keep sane!
Here are a few ideas:
– Pack a picnic basket and head to the park / riverbank / anywhere… Surprise your partner with their favourite foods from the local farmers market…and a mini bottle of champers – obviously!
– All this week in London there are loads of events taking place to encourage you to slow down (unless you are a marathon runner – go Tegwen!) and take time out. Check out the Slow Down London events planned… 24th April – 4th May
– Save cash – try some of the free things that are on offer in town – Time Out has loads a pretty definative list including comedy clubs, bars, art and music…
f you are looking for inspiration and ideas on greener living, then make a stop at the UK Aware show next week. Hosted at Londons Olympia on Fri 17th & Sat 18th April the event shows you how easy greener living can be, how it will improve your quiality of life and how much money it can save you.
Here are some of the things I am most looking forward to:
– Getting travel ideas from ecoescape – ideal for planning your honeymoon, or even just a short UK break to get away from wedding planning for a bit!
– Swishing – there will be two clothes swap events each day giving you may opportunity to grab a ‘new to you’ wardrobe courtesy of Daisy green magazine with all profits and left over clothes going to Traid
– some green debates on subjects such as finance, business, lifestyle and trends lead by the leading names in ethical business
– getting informed – there is so much info out there that it canbe confusing. Talk directly to the companies and other consumers to get informed and to see the new fangled ideas that are out there. You can see a full list of exhibitors here
There are FREE tickets around on the web if you do a good search, but at a small £5 there is nothing stopping you just getting a ticket
Check back for a report after the event…