Here is a top tip countdown to help you achieve the flawless skin you deserve for your special day, put together by the guys at Organic Surge – they know their skincare!
Remember, planning is everything – think ahead and don’t get caught out!
1. Banish Those Blemishes Early. If you are troubled with mild – or severe blemmishing seek some advice from your GP. If the problem is a more severe one such as adult acne or acne rosacia, it may be worth while to seek out a respected dermatologist. Skin problems do not always go away overnight. Timeline: 6 months to 1 year ahead
2. Avoid The Burn. Don’t get too much sun exposure before the big event. Sunburns, peeling skin and tan lines can sabotage your special day because they’re difficult to cover up completely!
3. Super Skin Rejuvenation. Every two weeks, make sure you use an effective exfoliating dermabrasion which can help combat shiny, taut facial skin, making it a perfect palate for makeup. With a more even skin tone with diminished lines and wrinkles, you are half way there to your flawless look. Don’t forget the neck, chest and back areas if your dress is low-cut. Peels can do wonders for spotty, rough skin! Timeline: 2 months ahead up to day before
4. Plan your colour scheme… Pick out your shadows and foundations early, and practice with them. If you are going to use a make-up artist, have a practice run-through to make sure you like it. Brides should choose a lip colour in a warm, fairly bright shade. Roses, pinks and reds look great in photos and keep teeth and wedding whites clean and fresh. Timeline: 2 months ahead
5. Luscious lashes – it’s all about the eyes! Tinting your lashes elimates the inevitable racoon eyes that plague so many happy occasions! Don’t forget your eyebrows – a tint and reshape will ensure your eyes will be perfectly framed. Have a few trials with a quaified beautician to ensure you acheive the perfect color match. Timeline: 1 month ahead, with a retreatment 1 week ahead
6. Treat Yourself to a relaxing Facial! You owe it to yourself to relax, clean and nourish your skin. Timeline: 1-2 weeks ahead
7. The Wonder Of Waxing! If you decide not to go the longterm route with laser hair removal, have a professional therapist wax your legs, bikini line, underarms and brows. Timeline: 3-4 days ahead
8. Expect the unexpected and be prepared. If something can go wrong, it will, so make a “911 Skincare Kit” with some essential quick fixes to help on the all important day.
9. Keep Your Face On… Give your foundation staying power by using a gel foundation primer before you apply your make up. Add a light dusting of loose powder to prevent any unwanted shine.
Most important, have a sense of humor. This is your day, and no matter what happens, you are special and your beauty will radiate from within.